Thursday, July 7, 2016

July TBR + News

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to start out by saying I am so so sorry that I haven't been around for two weeks, but let me tell you why. Okay, so you have to first understand that I live in the middle of nowhere, which means that we get power outrages and things like that quite frequently. My wifi has been disconnected thanks to my neighbors for two weeks now! You guys don't know how lost I've been without wifi. No wifi = no blog posts. I'm sorry for this everyone. I hope you forgive me. Now, on to more fun things.

I've been trying to figure out my TBR for before I go back to college in August and just can't seem to nail done anything in particular since there's so many I want to read. Therefore I'm going to do something exciting, or well exciting to me because I'm overly excited about everything related to books. So anyways to the idea, for the first two weeks of August I am turning over my TBR to...*drum roll please* YOU! Towards the end of this month, I'll shamefully tell you what I haven't read yet and have you vote to see what books I read before I go back. The goal is to read 3-4 books during that time, depending on size.

For now though, I'm going to try and tackle a couple of Must-Reads this month! *These are listed in no particular order, and shows no real preference. I love them all equally*

Well, all equally except for this one.
1) Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard I haven't gotten around to the short stories yet, and it is killing me to go back to Norta. Please don't hate me, but I kind of love Maven. He's the YA equivalent of Goffrey and I love when the villains are written so perfectly hate-able, which makes me love how that character is written so thoughtfully. Though I'm not saying that I support his actions in the books and would probably enjoy having Mare send her lightning into him.  Also, I just really love how Victoria writes. I never feel like I'm forcing myself thru her books and I absolutely love that. I would honestly read anything she wrote--grocery list, King's Cage edits, a restraining order--literally anything.

2&3) Shades of Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon I am slowly, but surely working my way thru this series! I truly enjoy being transported back to Doon in each new book. I was originally planning on binging the series because my friend Elizabeth over at her blog, Literary Froggy so graciously sent me an ARC of Forever Doon. I just finished Destined for Doon a few days ago, so be on the look-out for a review THIS WEEKEND. Which brings me to book (3) on this list, Forever Doon. I want this series finished. I HAVE to know what happens with my two favorite Scottish princes and the kingdom.

Speaking of, if you preorder Forever Doon before it's release date on August 2, 2016, you can get SWAG! It's a swag pack of printable posters, coloring pages, AND the first two chapters of Forever Doon! All you have to do is preorder, snap a picture of your receipt, and email it to Doon@Harpercollins.com I'm actually about to go do that now and you should too!

(Yes, I'm blogging extra this week to make up for not having wifi recently. Did I mention my power was out for 7 and a half HOURS yesterday?)

4) The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye I've heard so many great things about this book and actually preordered it and became a member of the Tsar's Guard, but sadly haven't read it yet. I was signed up to do the read along with Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles), but my copy came in late and did not have time to catch up over 20 chapters in a day. (I may have also experienced a reading slump).

These are the books that I absolutely want to get done by the end of the month. If I read more then, go me! I'm also going to start a new segment on my blog next week called, The First Time I Met...
It's going to be all of the embarrassing and occasionally amazing stories about the first time I met a particular author of that week. Stick around and subscribe to my blog, so that you never miss a post! Also, if there's something you think I need to read this month, then just leave a comment below. I love hearing from you all!

P.S. I've been working on here a lot today since I finally have wifi, so if you're on here way late at night or early in the morning and things start moving or going wonky. HI! that's me you're interacting with. Just making changes to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment